Area Sales Manager
This role is field based for the Munster & Connaught region
Specialist Division Manager
Starting salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and work as part of a growing business that is prepared to invest in your future.
We currently have an opportunity for an ambitious Area Sales Manager to join our team. This is a pivotal role in a high potential, £45m+ business with the energy and ambition to develop our capability and grow to realise our full potential. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and work as part of a growing business that is prepared to invest in your future.
Working as part of an enthusiastic and dynamic external sales team you will be primarily responsible for developing sales leads from new and existing customers across a dedicated sales region. You will be responsible for meeting set targets, generating new sales as well as growing our existing business. Working within our sales team you will be partnered
• Generate new sales leads through strategic planning tools, telephone calls, CRM database, face to face visits, CPDs, exhibitions and internal and external lead providers, across a range of sectors both new-build and refurbishment;
• Achieve agreed sales targets and maximise sales through customer visits within a specific sales region;
• Build rapport and strong relationships with key influencers and decision makers in your region, selling the value benefits of our products, service and expertise to affirm K rend as their supplier of choice;
• Manage and develop the sales pipeline to track projects in line with the commercial strategy to grow revenue;
• Accurately report on sales activity, sales opportunities, market intelligence and revenue forecasting;
• Research and identify new product development areas to develop our K rend brand by capitalising on current and future opportunities;
• Work with your internal sales consultant, to establish a robust sales plan to support achieving the set sales activities and targets;
• Develop a customer base and solid relationships through growing existing customers and introducing new customers;
• Deliver CPD presentations to a diverse range of customers to raise awareness of K Rend specifications and product offering;
• Maintain collaborative working practices, developing good rapport and effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Liaise with merchants, builders, contractors and architects to ensure that there is effective sales and brand marketing support.
Kilwaughter Minerals Limited
Person Specification September 2020
Job Title: Area Sales Manager Criteria
• Leaving Certificiate at grade C or above in English and Maths
• A minimum of two years’ experience in field-based sales, with a track record of generating new business to meet KPIs
• Sales forecasting and pipeline management
• Experience in using a CRM database and utilising strategic planning tools
• Experience of sales to the construction industry
• Experience of sales discipline
Skills and Competences
• Generate new leads, develop new business
• Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to meet KPI’s and achieve sales growth.
• Excellent attention to detail, organisational, planning and prioritising ability.
• Computer literate with of all Microsoft Office packages, including Word and Excel.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Negotiate with customers, including preparation of quotes
• Support customers with the product range
• Maintain legible, accurate and up-to-date records
• Able to work flexible hours as required and to travel as required to ensure business needs are met
• Possess a full, current driving licence